Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Day 21!

Happy Wednesday!

I apologize that you are missing me today!

Today, you will work in small groups to begin the editing process for your scholarship essays. If, for whatever reason, you are not finished with your rough draft, you need to get that done and submitted ASAP. You will not be able to complete the editing step today, so you should use class time to catch up.

If you are done, which I hope all of you are, please get into groups of 3 if possible, 2 if 3 doesn't work. Share your essays with your partners. For each person in the group, please complete a Scholarship Essay Evaluation Form. I know this looks pretty basic compared to the peer editing you are used to in my class, but I created this form based on real life scholarship evaluations I found online, so it is probably similar to how you will be assessed. As you fill out this form, please be sure to provide thoughtful, constructive feedback in each category. I'm looking for more than "it's good". Remember, there is real scholarship money on the line, so be sure you put forth your best effort.

You will have all class to complete this. If you finish early, you may begin revising your essay!

I'm upstairs in a meeting today, so if you have questions, shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment