Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Day 26!

Good morning all!

I apologize that I forgot to tell you  I would be in a meeting today. But, lucky you! You get to have Mr. Peterson today!

By now, most of you have received your feedback from the people who read your essays. Kendra and Peyton, your feedback from Ms. Waugh is on my podium.  Yesterday, we talked about how you can use a story to show the good qualities you have. Today, you will take the feedback and use it to guide more revisions. Focus on finding a spot to provide those stories. You will have the entire period to work on this, and yes, I do expect you to work.

For those of you who have not yet received your feedback. This is your chance to use your formal email skills. I would like you to write an email to the teacher who read your essays. Your job will be to politely  remind them they agreed to read your essay and ask when they hope to have it done. Be sure to follow the six rules we talked about in class. Please have someone read over it before you send it.  When you  do send it, be sure to CC me in on it, so I can see your skills at work.

Once you have sent the emails, I want you to go back and look at your essay again. Identify a spot where you can add one of those stories we've been talking about. You can start revisions without necessarily having their feedback in front of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment